January 2018 episode of the Reasonably Suspicious podcast from Just Liberty covering Texas criminal justice policy and politics. Cohosted by Scott Henson and Amanda Marzullo.
- Banned books in TDCJ (featuring Lauren McGaughy): Why Mein Kampf is okay but The Color Purple is banned.
- Alleged interference at State Counsel for Offenders: Did TDCJ board dictate defense strategies?
- Ron DeLord, founder of the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas on police pensions, predicts defined benefit pensions for police will vanish within the next couple of decades.
Errors and Updates
- Harris County magistrate judges sanctioned for bail SNAFU
- Austin police union declines to re-enter negotiations after contract rejected
- Richard Whitaker: Father of a death row inmate, who is also one of his victims, asks the governor, parole board to spare his son’s life.
The Last Hurrah
- Latest Dallas exonerations based on prosecutor misconduct
- Quick results from drug-law change in Oklahoma
- Twin Peaks biker cases soon headed to trial