- Everyone except Dan Patrick thinks we should just reduce penalties for minor pot possession to a nonjailable ticket. So why the uproar from DAs and police?
- Are some judges revoking people they shouldn’t?
Mark Levin of the Texas Public Policy Foundation goes over much needed reforms to probation and parole, while Chris Harris talks about how the sky did not fall when Austin decriminalized homeless people found sitting, lying down or peacefully soliciting.
The Last Hurrah
- Texas Legislature creates 50 new crimes. At least the new oyster crimes are misdemeanors!
- Alfred Brown denied innocence compensation despite support from DA, independent prosecutor, judge. Haven’t we learned by now?
- A new mascot for the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals: every team deserves a mascot!