After a hiatus, during which Grits recovered from some unpleasantness, Reasonably Suspicious is back with updates on COVID-19 in Texas jails and prisons, cases falling apart thanks to corrupt Houston police officer Gerald Goines and more.
Pressure mounts on Austin City Manager to sideline public safety leadership after host of failures culminating in the police shooting of an unarmed man captured on video.
Also, COVID-19 leads to lockdown for dozens of Texas prison units, no end in sight.
Fill in the Blank
- Ransomware attack on Texas courts
- The Texas AG and Rosa Jimenez
- Texas paper wins Pulitzer for series on jail oversight
The Last Hurrah
- More false drug convictions in Harris County
- San Marcos mandates citations instead of arrests for petty crimes
- Joe Bryan gets parole